Behag is a “Big Empathetic Hairy Audacious Goal”1 and an ally in the fight against adolescent anxiety, depression, and suicide.
We are a team of like-minded professionals, providers, and parents committed to driving adolescent anxiety, depression, and suicide from the all-time highs of today to all-time lows by 2028.
Suicide is the second leading cause of death for ages 10-24. Many children and adolescents who attempt suicide have an underlying mental health disorder, such as anxiety or depression. Even with the many programs and initiatives fighting for better mental health care and suicide prevention across the country, the problem has only gotten worse. Many of us feel like we can and should be doing more.
We don't have all the answers, but together as a like-minded community, we can tackle this Big Hairy Audacious Goal. We can't just stand by while young people and families continue to suffer.
You have taken the first step in fighting this problem simply by being here.
The second step is to educate yourself on the enormity of the issue, and what our plan is to help:
- The US suicide rate has increased 30% since 2000 and tripled for young girls.
- Suicide Rates for Teenage Girls at All-Time High.
- More American Teenagers than Ever Suffering from Severe Anxiety.
- Major depression on the rise among everyone but is Rising Fastest Among Young Adults.
- Teenage Suicide Reaches All-Time High.
- Suicides under age 13: One every 5 days.
- U.S. Suicide Rate Surges to a 30-Year High.
- Suicides in the United States Increase by 30% from 2000 to 2016.
By joining the mission you will receive ideas on ways you can get involved along with weekly updates that will include ways you can help reduce levels of anxiety, depression, and suicide: